I recently stumbled upon a nice little tool, which lets you use your PC / Laptops Internet connectivity (ADSL / LAN) as a connection for your Android mobile. The setup basically is that, you fool your android mobile into believing that you have your data pack on or your wifi on, whereas in reality you are connected to your PC via USB Cable.This tool is only available for Windows as of today.Its an awesome tool and gives a lot for people who cant dont have a data pack & Wifi.
- Android Device 4.0+
- Only Rooted Devices will be able to use this tool.
- Windows Environment, with your device drivers already installed.
- Download the tool from the Link given below.
- Connect your device via USB Cable. (Make sure drivers are already installed for your device.
- Click on CONNECT in the tool
- You will get a screen which will show the progress, like the image attached below.
I used the tool, its awesome as I Earlier said, here are some Pros and Cons which i found
- If you are on a DATA PACK, it can be slow sometimes, Using this tool, you can utilise your fast Internet connection for updating / downloading apps / GAME data for big games , etc.
- Very Very EASY to setup, just download the zip, extract it, open the EXE and CLICK CONNECT, the tool doest the rest!
- If you want urgent high speed data connectivity, this tool can do it !
- Alot more, cant stress how important it can be in times of need when WIFI / DataPack aren't feasible / available.
- With the help of Xposed framework, now you can use the Reverse tethering tool, and fake it as a WIFI connection, which now allows you to update apps / mails /.You can now pretty much do everything with Reverse tethering that you cna do with your wi-fi.
- You need to be ROOT to use it,otherwise you wont be able to use it.
- You need to keep your mobile phone connected via USB, that means we cannot roam freely around as we do when using Wi-Fi.
- Tool is a bit buggy as ADB becomes unstable after a point of time, but still the tool does the work 99% of the time.
- The tool is only available for Windows.
Pros certainly outcast the cons, love this tool really, totally awesome and handy tool for root users.